Tuesday, January 27, 2009

(Almost) everything since Dec. 10

Hello all,

as promised, pictures of American Christmas tree and German Christmas tree:





We are doing good. I have been able to talk to quite a good number of the family. Everyone is doing well. K and R are awaiting the birth of a girl in about 5 weeks. H is also pregnant, but I don't know when she is due. I also heard from the Munros that they are also awaiting a stork. We ARE NOT awaiting the stork, just so you know.


Work is good. We are also in recession and our company will be closed every Friday in February. We will still be working in Quality, but production will not be running. Husband's work is also moving right along. Today he is in Zurich for meetings. I have late shift, so we will see each other tomorrow morning. Our apartment owner is coming with a carpenter to fix some problems.

I am so sick of the Germans asking me "How is President Obama doing?". I always answer: "I read the same news as you do. I don't live in the States, I live here. How should I know how it is going day in and day out?" The absolutely worst day was last Tuesday...'hey Amber, watching TV tonight?' 'Did you know that they are expecting 2 million people at Obama's inauguration?' I tried to explain that when EVERY president comes into office, there is a celebration. No one really listened. The Germans in my office are shocked that there are Americans that don't like Obama. I just laugh and ask if everyone in Germany likes Mrs. Merkel, the Chancellor. (There is never really an answer that comes...hehe).

I cut my hair last week and really like it. Much easier to do and not always in a pony-tail. :)

I hope you are well, too.
Until next time!!!

No comments: