Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Today

The highlight of my day was lunch: Spaghetti Bolognese and salad. YUMMM!! It is really funny that the day was really long and boring and then lunch (30 minute break; haven't been on time in awhile) was way too fast. I sat with Aldo, he is an English teacher but gave it up to work in plastic production. He actually speaks four languages: Italian, French, English and German (in that order). He is neat and older than my parents, but really laid back (this is a typical Italian).

The weather is terrible. Been snowin since sometime in the night. Here are pictures, where you can only see snow falling:





I know it is dark...at 5 pm!!!! Craziness! That isn't dirt on the camera lens, that is the snow. It has been really cold, but add the snow, and YUCK!!! I am still just a kid from the desert!

Now I am going to make (read: heat up) refried beans and tortillas for dinner. This is also a favorite meal of mine. AND super expensive since I moved here. I really enjoy it! After dinner, Husband is working, so I will start baking cakes for Friday's blood donation. Forget about cookies and punch, here in Germany, after you give blood, you get a full meal (with dessert!!) I am making 2 cakes and my variation of my mom's potato salad. Ever since I am here, I really like potato salad...especially Husband's Oma's...it is so good, it cannot be fully appreciated unless you have eaten it.

It is kinda weird that all I have thinking or blogging about it food. Or is it not?

Oh, pictures of the American and German Christmas trees to come. American tree is already here. I will try to talk Husband into getting big tree next week. :)

2 comments:

Petree's said...

Hi there I put some newer pics up of Heidi, I didn't know if you had seen them or not! I love you and hope you are doing good!

Cortney said...

hey i have not commented in forever. sorry, i have not even gotten on my blog in forever. i hope you are good, and i can totally sympathize with the cold and snow. i love to wear flip flops and shorts!!