Thursday, July 9, 2009

jeez, way too long

Hi all,

a very late Happy birthday needs to go out to a few of my favorite people: All the Fuierers (Alq on 3rd May, Sabine on 15th May, Kol 30th June); Heiko on 8th May; Laura on 18th May; Liz on 20th May; Shannon on 3rd June; Jamie on 14th June; Aaron and Missy on 22nd June; Joerg an 25th June; Kerri and Brandon on 2nd July; Michaela on 5th July.

Many many thoughts go out to my friends and family that have added to their families this year: Tobi and Anne (baby girl Franziska); Ross and Kerri (baby girl Kennedy); Heather and Mike (baby boy, Michael); Joe and Rebekah (baby girl Aurelia "Elli"); Ashley and Dave (baby girl Amy). Seems to be a baby GIRL boom lately.
And congrats to my cousin Justin, who graduated from college. NOT TO MENTION: the final, youngest Owings has completed high school (whew!! All 7 of us through high school!!!) Congrats Bobby!

My contract was extended 6 more months, which is a HUGE relief. I work for a company that does 95% of its business with the automobile industry. It has been a rather tough year for us in the company. Just keep your fingers crossed for an "unending" contract. *Things are a bit different here. Usually you have a contract in the beginning of your new job. After a specific time period, you get an "unending" or 'never ending' contract.*

We were in Scotland in April for 10 days of vacation. We LOVED IT!!! If you ever want to go, it is a fascinating country with great history, great food and super nice people. We totally lucked out with the weather. Normally it is pretty rainy and cold, but it was nice the entire time except for one day.




In Stirling: Robert the Bruce in the foreground and the William Wallace Monument in the background.



View from the Edinburgh Castle.



What is a trip to Scotland without a trip to the Whiskey distillery???? My little Whiskey fan even got to 'Bottle his own Bottle':





I have been getting involved with the Red Cross puppet theater. I help construct the stage and assist all the actors. I am reluctant to speak myself, given my American accent in German. As soon as my confidence gets better, I could be making my stage debut!! :) :)
Until next time,
Love from southwest Deuschland...

5 comments:

Cortney said...

i didn't know ya'll went to scotland. that is awesome,i hear it is so dang cool. and you got to speak english, nice. well, love ya and hope you are good.

Mel said...

It's about time we hear more news from your corner of the world!

Yannick said...

Nice photos, must have been a nice trip. Just discovered your blog right now. A shame we didn't know.

J+Y

Keri said...

Loved seeing the photos. I've always wanted to go to Scotland. Glad to hear your contract got renewed. Well I've gotta go, your niece is acallin'. Lots of love, Kerri

Rebekah said...

Um...it's been a while since your last post. More info please!!!! Nice photos :)