Sunday, September 14, 2008

To blog or not to blog...

So, why do I blog when no one looks at it? I read M. Cooper's blog everyday. I check to see if anyone else has blogged.

Having 1 or 2 kids is no excuse. M. Cooper posts almost everyday and has a kid.

Why do I try SO HARD to stay in contact with a family that never comments back?

You can look at the twins' family blog. I have read every post. I read every of my cousins' and their families. If you have MySpace, you can visit my page (amberobunny) and see that more college friends stay in touch with me, rather than my family. (I must say, I have the most contact with R. and K. Owings on this blog...and K. is 'new' in the family).

Yes, I chose to move to Germany. I also chose to stay in touch with those people that stay in touch with me.

So, now it is your turn. DO YOU WANT CONTACT OR NOT??

Yes or No?

I am just sick of wasting my time thinking about what to write when there is no one to write to.

Despite that I live anywhere from 7 to 9 hours ahead of the US, I still call my mom every week (or she calls me). I call Grandma Polly every 3 to 4 weeks.

I have lived here in Germany for 3 years. I have visited the US 4 times in those 3 years. And how many times has ANYONE in the family come to visit me, at my home? 0, absolutely no one.

D. Petree was in Stuttgart and we visited with him for a few hours. That is it. (He married into the family, just in case you forgot and K. Owings too.) The only people that have contact with me have married into the family.

I also understand that it is expensive to travel. However, 2 of the 4 trips to the US was paid for by my husband. I was not allowed to work. He paid for 1 trip to the US before our wedding, then we went together later that year.

When there is something that you want to buy, most of the time you have to save money, when you really want it.

We live in a world that moves quickly, I understand. We make time for the important things in life, which are the people. NOT THE MONEY, NOT THE MATERIAL.

Pretty sad for a family who's religion is built on the foundation that there is no stronger love than the family.

3 comments:

Mel said...

I'm so glad you read my blog! I love reading yours, too. You need to put some pictures on of your place or your visit to the US! I want to see where you are and what you're up to. I do care and do stay in touch as best as I can. I'm sorry we haven't come to see you...we REALLY wanted to to see soccer, but Kyle was born and life changed.....Someday we will have some money and I will FINALLY get my first stamp in the passport that lays empty on my desk. It's been nice to get to know you through reading your blog. I wish more of the family would do the same.

Mel said...

ps.....email me! melodeejane@yahoo.com. I want your email address/physical address!

Liz Marshall said...

I love to read your blog!I have been sick for a while but am now able to lead a somewhat normal life! so yes I want to keep in contact with you and yes I read your blog!